- 24 pack of wings (trimmed into drummies and wings)
- Garlic powder
- Pure maple syrup – 1 cup
- Chopped pecans – I cup
- Bourbon - 2 oz.
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper - A pinch (1/8 of a teaspoon or less)
- Use the salt, pepper and garlic powder to lightly coat the chicken. Put the wings in a zip lock baggie and shake to evenly coat the wings; the amount of salt, pepper and garlic will vary according to your preference.
- (This step is optional, but adds a nice subtle flavor profile. You can simplify by just roasting the pecans).
- In a bowl toss the whole pecans with 2 oz. of bourbon and a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Spread the pecans on a “Frogmat” or wire mesh basket, or small cookie sheet.
- Set your Memphis grill to 180 deg. and smoke for 20 min. I used apple pellets, but have fun and be creative with the pellet combo of your choice.
- Then set grill to 325 deg. for 10 min to roast the pecans.
- Combine the finely chopped pecans, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Place wings on a cookie sheet and coat one side with half of the glaze.
- Set Memphis grill to 375. Place wings on grill with glazed side up. Cook for 20 min. then turn the wings and use remaining glaze to coat the unglazed side of the wings. Continue cooking for 10- 15 min. or until chicken is 165 deg.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.