- 2 lb lamb stew meat or shoulder roast, 1” cubes
- ¼ C white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 large red potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 4 C chicken broth
- 2 tsp thyme
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 325 F
- Mix together the flour, pepper, and salt. Coat the lamb cubes with this mixture and a dust of the excess flour.
- Heat up the oil in a heavy cast iron casserole and quickly brown the flour dusted lamb cubes.
- Add the onion and a bit more oil if necessary. Sauté the lamb and onion for 2 or 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the broth and add the potato cubes & carrot slices. Sprinkle in the thyme and bring the mixture to a boiling point.
- Place the covered casserole on the bottom rack of the pre-heated Memphis Pellet Grill. Close the lid and bake for 2 – 2 ½ hours, or until the lamb is tender and the vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a loaf of crusty No-Knead Artisan Bread on the side.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.