- 2 packages rapid rise yeast
- 8 - 8 1⁄2 C unbleached white flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt flakes
- 3 C warm water
- ¼ C oil
- Combine 6 C of the flour with the yeast, sugar and salt in a large bread bowl.
- Add the warm water and oil. Stir wet and dry ingredients together to form a sticky ball.
- Turn the dough ball out onto a lightly floured surface and knead adding the remaining flour as necessary. It will take from 8 to 10 minutes for the dough to become smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-oiled bowl. Turn the dough ball over so it is coated with oil. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot to rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and fold the outer edges in towards the centre of the dough ball. Place on a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Using the palms of your hands roll one of these pieces out to form a long tube, 30” in length. Divide the tube into 10 equal sized pieces. Form each piece of dough into an oval shape, pinching the dough together into a seam on the bottom side. Place the formed dough buns onto a greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. With a sharp knife make a slash, ¼” deep across the top of each bun. Repeat with the remaining dough. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 400 F.
- Place the baking sheets on the lower rack of the Memphis, close the lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool rolls on a wire rack.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.