- 2 packages rapid rise yeast
- 8 - 8 1⁄2 C unbleached white flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt flakes
- 3 C warm water
- ¼ C oil
- Combine 6 C of the flour with the yeast, sugar and salt in a large bread bowl.
- Add the warm water and oil. Stir wet and dry ingredients together to form a sticky ball.
- Turn the dough ball out onto a lightly floured surface and knead adding the remaining flour as necessary. It will take from 8 to 10 minutes for the dough to become smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-oiled bowl. Turn the dough ball over so it is coated with oil. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and place in a warm, draft-free spot to rise for 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and fold the outer edges in towards the centre of the dough ball. Place on a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Using the palms of your hands roll one of these pieces out to form a long tube, 30” in length. Divide the tube into 10 equal sized pieces. Form each piece of dough into an oval shape, pinching the dough together into a seam on the bottom side. Place the formed dough buns onto a greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. With a sharp knife make a slash, ¼” deep across the top of each bun. Repeat with the remaining dough. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 400 F.
- Place the baking sheets on the lower rack of the Memphis, close the lid and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool rolls on a wire rack.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.