- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs cubed
- Lemons for grilling
- Jerk Marinade:
- 4 large Green Onions
- 1 Shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 to 3 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chili peppers
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Thyme Leaves
- ½ Tbsp Ground Allspice
- ½ Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Salt, more for sprinkling
- ½ Tbsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 limes
- Caribbean Salsa:
- 1 cup Mango, diced
- 1/2 cup Pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup Papaya. Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Mint, chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and grind to a coarse paste. Trim the chicken thighs and remove the bigger fat chunks. Cube the chicken into 1 ½ inch cubes. Slather the marinade over the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate 12 to 36 hours.
- To prepare the salsa, toss together the mango, pineapple, papaya, jalapeno pepper, and red onion in a bowl. Pour in the lime juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and stir to combine. Let the flavors infuse for an hour in the fridge.
- Before grilling, bring the chicken/marinade mixture to room temperature and lightly sprinkle with more salt and ground allspice.
- Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct Flame grilling and medium temperature. Use a blend of Oak and Cherry wood pellets for a great flavor. Always have the hood open when you cook with Direct Flame.
- Skewer the marinated chicken cubes. If using wooden skewers, cover the skewers in water for at least one hour before grilling to help prevent them from burning while grilling.
- Grill the chicken and turn and baste with extra marinade until they are cooked through and slightly charred on both sides. You want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 F.
- Sprinkle the Caribbean Salsa with chopped mint leaves and serve together with the chicken.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.