- 1 C flour
- 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp of shortening or lard. If using shortening, we recommend butter flavor.
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine 1 C of flour, 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp of shortening or lard and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cut (don't mix or beat) shortening into flour using either a pastry cutter or two butter knives until they are small pieces cut into flour.
- Add 2-4 Tbsp of cold water enough to form a ball.
- Flour pastry cloth and roller sock and roll dough on pastry cloth into circle 2-3 inches bigger than bottom of pie pan.
- Fold rolled out dough in half by using the pastry cloth. Then fold pastry into a quarter. It will be easier to maneuver into pie pan.
- Place quartered rolled dough into pan.
- Unfold quartered dough into a half, and then again into a whole.
- Trim dough to about 1 inch extending beyond pan. Roll up excess dough, seal and flute edges.
- Cover pie crust edges with either tin foil or a circular aluminum ring (this one is from Pampered Chef) if you're baking the crust with the filing for over 10 minutes to avoid edges burning.
- If there is a top crust, pierce pie crust top to allow air to escape and avoid bubbles.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes if recipe requires a cooked pie crust. Otherwise, follow pie filling recipe if crust does not require baking first.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.