- Two single, unbaked Pillsbury pie crusts
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6-8 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 egg
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Prepare apples and mix with dry ingredients.
- Line 10" pie pan with single pie crust.
- Place apple mixture on pie crust in pie pan.
- Put 2 Tbsp butter on top of apple pie mixture.
- Place second crust on top of apple mix in pie pan and seal edges and cut holes in crust to release air.
- Coat the top of the crust with slightly beaten egg to give the crust a golden sheen. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top of crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Then, bake at 380 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or let the pie stand alone - it is so good!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.