- 1 C chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ C white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the topping:
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ C white sugar
- Preheat Memphis Wood pellet Grill to 325 F.
- To make the base mix the wafer crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of an 8” spring form pan that has been lined with a disc of parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes then set aside to cool while you mix the filling.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the base and bake in the Memphis for 45 – 50 minutes. The center of the cake will be almost set (but not quite!) when the cake is done. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the topping heat heavy cream over medium heat. Add the chopped chocolate, butter and white sugar mixing until the sugar has dissolved and the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat. The mixture will thicken slowly as it cools. Pour over the cooled cheesecake and spread around to evenly coat the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving and preferably overnight. Run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake before releasing the spring to remove the cake from the pan.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.