- ½ C butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ C quick oatmeal
- 1 ¼ C rice cereal
- 1 C chocolate chips or 1 C raisins
- 1 C nuts (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Water (optional)
- Preheat Memphis to 250 degrees F or turn it on Smoke Mode. Keep the lid closed during smoking as much as possible. We recommend using an apple or cherry Nature’s Way pellet.
- Because these granola bars are already quite sweet, you really don’t need to add much to the nuts to get a good flavor. If you’re craving more sugar though, we recommend something simple like a light sugar/water simple syrup coating. To do this, mix the sugar and water together in a bowl (just enough to lightly cover your nuts), then add the nuts and mix together.
- Place your nuts on a grill topper or in a grill basket over the grates and smoke for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your taste. Be sure to stir occasionally, and after smoking, remove nuts and let cool.
- Raise Memphis temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add honey, vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, cereal and nuts (if desired).
- Add raisins or chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from Memphis, let cool, then cut into desired shapes/sizes and enjoy!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.