- ½ C butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ C quick oatmeal
- 1 ¼ C rice cereal
- 1 C chocolate chips or 1 C raisins
- 1 C nuts (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Water (optional)
- Preheat Memphis to 250 degrees F or turn it on Smoke Mode. Keep the lid closed during smoking as much as possible. We recommend using an apple or cherry Nature’s Way pellet.
- Because these granola bars are already quite sweet, you really don’t need to add much to the nuts to get a good flavor. If you’re craving more sugar though, we recommend something simple like a light sugar/water simple syrup coating. To do this, mix the sugar and water together in a bowl (just enough to lightly cover your nuts), then add the nuts and mix together.
- Place your nuts on a grill topper or in a grill basket over the grates and smoke for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your taste. Be sure to stir occasionally, and after smoking, remove nuts and let cool.
- Raise Memphis temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add honey, vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, cereal and nuts (if desired).
- Add raisins or chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from Memphis, let cool, then cut into desired shapes/sizes and enjoy!
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.