- Phillips screwdriver
- Unplug the grill from the outlet.
- Go to the back of the grill, open the hopper lid and use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws on the back panel and then remove the panel. (If you have a built-in, slide the grill out far enough to remove the panel.)
- Go to the front of the grill and open the hood. The RTD is located at the back of the inside of the grill. Again using the Phillips screwdriver, remove the screw above the RTD to loosen it. Take out the screw and set aside.
- Return to the back side of the grill and look for the two white wires attached to the RTD and follow them along to the upper left-hand corner of the grill where they are plugged into the grill's logic board.
- Remove the RTD plugs from the logic board, release the wires from the supporting clips, and pull out the old RTD from the front of the grill.
- Insert the new RTD and wires into the same clips and plugs. Note that the wires can be put in either plug--there is no difference between the left or right side.
- Reattach the grill's back panel.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.