Grillers are looking for better alternatives to gas and charcoal. That’s why wood pellet grill use is steadily growing. Although current pellet grill ownership is only at 3%, 11% of prospective buyers plan to purchase one in the coming year. Wood pellet grills use versatile and sustainable fuel: the wood pellet.
What Is a Wood Pellet?
A wood pellet is a ¼ inch or smaller piece of hardwood. They’re made using recycled materials such as wood shavings and sawdust and burn just like regular firewood.
How Does a Wood Pellet Work?
The pellets start their cooking journey in a storage container connected to the grill, known as the hopper. Once loaded, pellets venture into the cooking chamber via the grill’s auger. As the heat increases, the pellets catch fire and continue to heat the cooking chamber.
5 Facts About Wood Pellets You Should Know
Wood pellets are only one of the available grilling fuels. You also have the option to choose a gas grill, a charcoal grill and more. Yet, wood pellets offer many unique benefits you won’t find with other fuels.
- Pellets come in a wide range of flavors. Wood pellets generally taste better because they provide a balance of smoke and flavor. They come in a wide range of flavors including apple, cherry, hickory, maple, mesquite and oak, which you can choose from depending on the meat you’re grilling. For example, apple is a perfect flavor for pork and poultry while mesquite is perfect for beef and fish.
- They’re environmentally friendly. Pellets are made from recycled wood which is also a renewable resource. Wood pellets also burn completely and produce lower emissions than other fuels.
- They’re versatile. Since wood pellet heat is easier to control than other options, you have the opportunity to grill, wood-fire sear, smoke low-n-slow and even bake using convection.
- They’re easy to use for the beginner to the pro. You can set and forget your wood pellet grill without needing to babysit the temperature. This makes a wood pellet grill a great choice for beginner grillers to professionals.
- They’re clean. Pellets have no added oils, fillers, flavors or other additives. Any flavor you get from the pellet is all-natural.
Ready to Get Grillin’ With Wood Pellets? Call Memphis.
Wood pellets are a perfect way to get that smoky flavor you want without sacrificing ease-of-use. Plus, you can do so much with a new wood pellet grill. To learn more about Memphis Grills’ wood pellet grills, visit a Memphis dealer or contact us today.