Thanksgiving is the one day a year I try to cook everything inside because of the wonderful aromas being part of the atmosphere. However, because my wall oven is just a single unit, I fire up the...
Popovers Recipe from Memphis Grills
Grilling isn't just for hamburgers and brats. With Memphis Grills top-of-the-line construction and technology, you can bake everything from pie to these fantastic and easy popovers.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Recommended pellet flavor: All-purpose/oak
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1tsp unsalted butter, melted for the pan
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
Blender or food processor
1. Heat grill to 400˚ F
2. Grease a 6-cup popover pan with 1 teaspoon of butter
3. Combine 1 T of butter, flour, salt, eggs and milk; blend/process for 30 seconds
4. Fill popover cups one-third to one-half full
5. Bake on the Memphis Grill for 40 minutes (Do not open the grill lid to peek!)
6. Move baked popovers to a cooling rack; pierce with a knife to allow the steam to escape
7. Serve warm, with honey butter if desired
Store cooled popovers in a zip top bag. Reheat for 3-4 min at 400˚ F.
Other ideas: Fill with chicken salad, chocolate pudding or mousse to make a wonderful dessert!